Welcome to the La-La Land Crafts For Kids blog!

This blog is now CLOSED!
With much sadness in our hearts we had to make a decision to CLOSE our La-La Land Crafts For Kids Blog. We would like to thank everyone who'd participated in our challenges and of course the biggest thank you goes to our Blog Hostesses! We hope that you all will continue sharing your La-La Land Crafts makes with us on our "grown-up" blog and/or on our Facebook Page and Group.
All the best from all of us at La-La Land Crafts!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

School Project - 'Where I'm From' Poem


Hi, Carly here, to share a poem that I wrote for a class project using





I realize that this may be hard to read so here it is in a different font if you're interested in reading it.

This is Where I’m From

I am from comedians,
from musicians and nerds though I would never tell them that personally.
I am from energetic ancestors,
that are imaginative, creative, and come up with the weirdest things.

I am from music and from art,
from the art on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
I am from academics,
from always being ahead no matter how many steps I’ve taken in the opposite direction.

I am from Christianity,
from sticking to what I know is right and avoiding what I know is wrong.
I am from wanting to be my own person and not being afraid to show who I am,
from never following the crowd.
I am from standing up for my beliefs,
from understanding others when nobody else will take the time to listen.

I am from believing that there’s always an answer and always a possibility,
from hope for the future and all that live after me.

Thanks -Carly

8 comments:

Karen McPherson said...

Fabulous job. Thanks for sharing your poem.

Wendy said...

Love your poem - it speaks of so much family history which is amazingly interesting and the card reflects your poem perfectly. Brilliant project.

Dianne said...

I love everything about this! Your choice of Marcis is perfect (along with your coloring :) ) The poem is fabulous and tells so much about you. Great job!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is fabulous. TFS.

Alishia said...

Great job Carly!

Kathy W. said...

Love the poem CArly! Great job with the layout:)

Helen said...

Very cute! I love how your Marci's coordinate with your poem. Very clever!

Tiffany said...

Very nice layout. Good job on the poem