Welcome to the La-La Land Crafts For Kids blog!

This blog is now CLOSED!
With much sadness in our hearts we had to make a decision to CLOSE our La-La Land Crafts For Kids Blog. We would like to thank everyone who'd participated in our challenges and of course the biggest thank you goes to our Blog Hostesses! We hope that you all will continue sharing your La-La Land Crafts makes with us on our "grown-up" blog and/or on our Facebook Page and Group.
All the best from all of us at La-La Land Crafts!

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Making Your Own Background Stamps.

Hello La-La Landers!

How are you enjoying the first few days of December? Have you started making your project for our Winter Theme Contest yet? As you saw in the contest I made a card for my project. The background for my card was created with a stamp that I made myself. It was very easy and fun to do and today I am going to show you how. Have you ever used Moldable Foam?

I chose a circle from my mum's pack of moldable foam shapes.  This also works with thin foam sheets you can find in most craft/dollar stores, but please be careful using the heat tool on thinner pieces.  I drew around the circle onto a piece of chipboard. Then I placed some pretty beads in the circle.

Using a heat tool I carefully warmed up the foam circle and then pressed the warm side on top of my beads.  The beads should be quite thick to make a really good impression.


When the foam cooled I removed the beads and was left with "snowflakes" on the circle.

I inked the newly created stamp with green ink and used it to create a background on my card

What do you think? I was happy with my background for my Sunny Christmas Marci Card!

We are all looking forward to seeing your projects in this months contest! Good Luck! You have until December 30th.

"See y'all later,"
***Hannah***

3 comments:

Irina Blount said...

I wondered how you made the stamp. That is very clever and creative idea!! Thank you so much for making a tutorial!!

Hugs!
:) Irina

Kristine said...

That is soo COOL Hannah!! I've never used (or seen?) moldable foam before, but that technique looks so awesome--GREAT JOB with it! Thanks for your tutorial *Ü*

Jana Weaver said...

Wow....very cool Hannah! That moldable foam is pretty awesome!! And your snowflakes turned out perfect! Oh...and the tutorial is wonderful too, thanks for sharing this great tecnhique!