Welcome to the La-La Land Crafts For Kids blog!

This blog is now CLOSED!
With much sadness in our hearts we had to make a decision to CLOSE our La-La Land Crafts For Kids Blog. We would like to thank everyone who'd participated in our challenges and of course the biggest thank you goes to our Blog Hostesses! We hope that you all will continue sharing your La-La Land Crafts makes with us on our "grown-up" blog and/or on our Facebook Page and Group.
All the best from all of us at La-La Land Crafts!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Watercolour Pencils

Hello Everyone, Hannah again,

Tonight I was watching my mum colour with watercolour pencil crayons and I decided to try them too. 


My closest image was Santa Marci, so I picked a nice bright red crayon and started to colour.



 With Watercolour markers you first colour your image just like you would any image but these are not regular crayons or markers.  The fun part about the watercolour pencils is that you get to play with the colour afterwards using a paint brush and a TINY bit of water.



 After colouring each section I wet a very small brush with a little water and then dabbed the brush onto my work space to get rid of any extra drops – the brush should be damp but not wet, especially for small spaces.


As I went over the colour with the paintbrush the crayon and water mixed to create a ‘moveable” liquid. I got to smooth out any lines and create a new look to my image.  When I was happy with my Marci, I added some Liquid Pearls on the furry parts of her outfit. It looks nice AND it hides any pencil/brush slip-ups!



Next time I will show you how I hang my La La Land Stamps when I am working…


Have a lovely weekend



Hannah J

5 comments:

Irina Blount said...

Hannah, it is amazing what you've achieved with Watercolor Pencils!! Very pretty coloring!!

Jana Weaver said...

Great job Hannah! I love how you've smoothed out your colors with the paintbrush!!

Kristine said...

How FUN Hanna!! Love the puffy fluff on her trim *Ü* Carly and maddy have just recently started using mom's Prismacolor pencils. Maybe you'll see some of their work with those soon? :) Thanks for sharing and keep the FUN stuff coming!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah, I loved your tutorial with the water colours. I so enjoy peoples hints and tips on certain mediums. I too love the fluffy puffy stuff it makes your stamp stand out. Great project. Love Aunty Sara :)x

Arlene said...

Hi Hannah,

Good job with the water colors. I have such a hard time with them and you made it look easy. Thanks again.xxxooo Arlene