Welcome to the La-La Land Crafts For Kids blog!

This blog is now CLOSED!
With much sadness in our hearts we had to make a decision to CLOSE our La-La Land Crafts For Kids Blog. We would like to thank everyone who'd participated in our challenges and of course the biggest thank you goes to our Blog Hostesses! We hope that you all will continue sharing your La-La Land Crafts makes with us on our "grown-up" blog and/or on our Facebook Page and Group.
All the best from all of us at La-La Land Crafts!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Paper Rose Tutorial by Carly

Hi, I'm back with my tutorial on paper roses!
 
Here are the supplies you will need: 
  • paper or cardstock
  • circle punch
  • scissors
  • piercing tool
  • glue dots
1)  First, I punched a circle out.
 2)  Then I cut a spiral from the ouside of circle and going around until you come to the middle. 
You need to leave a circle about the size of a glue dot at the end. 
3)  Next, I took my paper piercer and started wrapping the outside edge around it.   
4)  Keep wrapping it around until you get to the circle center 
5)  It might be wrapped too tight, so you can let it go and let it loosen up a little, til it's about the size as the center circle. 
6)  Add a glue dot to that center circle and press the rose down on top of the glue dot.  The you can push up on the bottom layer so it hides the glue dot. 
7)  That's it! 
8)  You can add some stickles or glitter to it or even some spray mist to give it some sparkle. 
 Here's my card again that I adding all my paper roses to.  I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and will try it!
 xxCARLYxx

12 comments:

Rosie said...

Fabulous Tutorial Carly and one of my favorite roses to make! You did an awesome job!! Hugs, Rosie (DT Leader for La-La Land Crafts)

Annette said...

beautiful card...You did an amazing job..

Whemay said...

Fabulous flowers!
Hugs

Sara I. said...

Fab roses Carly! I'll definitely have to give this a shot! xx

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Awwww, super cute! Thanks for the wonderful tutorial! You look so much older than when I first started following your sketch blog.

callyannc said...

Super cute! Love th flowers! TFS CallyAnn(new follower)
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

Gorgeous flowers! Thanks for the tip. Beautiful card too

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for the tutorial on making your beautiful flowers! Great job!

Julie said...

What an awesome card!!! I love your flowers too and can see me trying those myself :)

Trexxann said...

Those roses are so fun to make - your tutorial is great Carly! Your card is so pretty - well done!!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Just beautiful carly! and so easy to make!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful flowers! I love your tutorial- well done! Beautiful card you created with them!