Welcome to the La-La Land Crafts For Kids blog!

This blog is now CLOSED!
With much sadness in our hearts we had to make a decision to CLOSE our La-La Land Crafts For Kids Blog. We would like to thank everyone who'd participated in our challenges and of course the biggest thank you goes to our Blog Hostesses! We hope that you all will continue sharing your La-La Land Crafts makes with us on our "grown-up" blog and/or on our Facebook Page and Group.
All the best from all of us at La-La Land Crafts!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Making Velvet Paper

Hi everyone, it's Carly and I'm back to share a tutorial on how I made my background paper look like velvet!  Here's was my card I shared the other day:
Here are the supplies I used: 
A Cuttlebug folder, your embossing machine, a cutter, a 4.25x5.5" white cardstock, and 2 SU! Markers.
 First I ran the white piece of cardstock through the Cuttlebug withe the embossing folder.  The one I used is called Floral Fantasy.
 Then I just colored all the flowers and leaves with my markers!
The first time I showed it my mom and my sister, they both said it looked like velvet!  So there ya go.  Here's my whole sheet colored.

We still have a KIDS CHALLENGE going on with the theme USE YOUR FAVORITE COLOR!  Everyone who enters will win Marci Money, so be sure to enter if you are a kid 17 or under.  Thanks
xxCARLYxx


3 comments:

Irina Blount said...

Oh WOW Carly!! You definitely fooled me with this one!! I did think that the pattern looked familiar, but I would've never guessed how you did that!! AMAZING!! Looks like velvet, that's for sure!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to work with Embossing folders, We will have to try that too! Which markers did you use?
take care!
Hannah and me!

Jana Weaver said...

Wow...that's really cool looking!! Great job Carly!!