Welcome to the La-La Land Crafts For Kids blog!

This blog is now CLOSED!
With much sadness in our hearts we had to make a decision to CLOSE our La-La Land Crafts For Kids Blog. We would like to thank everyone who'd participated in our challenges and of course the biggest thank you goes to our Blog Hostesses! We hope that you all will continue sharing your La-La Land Crafts makes with us on our "grown-up" blog and/or on our Facebook Page and Group.
All the best from all of us at La-La Land Crafts!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Up, Up and Away!

Welcome to our new blog for kids and by kids!!  That's right, this blog is hosted by 4 young ladies (and their moms) to bring you fun ideas, share some "how-to's" and have contests that boys and girls can play in and win prizes!!   More info to come soon about our first contest!  In the meantime, our hostesses will pop in to share something they made with you ☺  Let's get this thing off the ground with Maddy's card, Up, Up and Away!!

Hello! I’m Madalyn, but you can call me Maddy. I’m soooooo excited to be here. I love La-La Land Crafts and I love this new kids version of it!!

I made this card using Pilot Luka, and here’s what I did.
I stamped it on white and on Kraft Cardstock and colored with mom’s Copics. Then I had my mom cut out the colored pieces of the box.
Then I glued them on the Kraft box, and then glued the Kraft box onto the white paper. I also added stick on pearls for his buttons. For the dog’s collar I used an oval stick on pearl and based stickels around it.
I sponged my cardstock with two colors of ink.
After all of the card was planned out I got my mom to print out a sentiment for my card.

You can buy Pilot Luka as a rubber stamp HERE and as a digi HERE.

I hope you enjoyed my first card for La-La Land Kids.
x Maddy

19 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, Maddy...you did such a great job with this card! I love it!

Sara I. said...

Such a sweet card Maddy!! Love your design and awesome striped star! Way to Go!!

Irina Blount said...

Maddy, you did so great with a card for boys!! I always have hard time with those!! Yours is great!! Love all the details and thank you SO MUCH for the step-by-step mini tutorial on paper piecing!!

Hugs!!
:) Irina

Theresa said...

Maddy, you did a fabulous job on your card. I will tell my niece all about this blog. Fabulous work little one!

Jana Weaver said...

super fun and adorable card Maddy!! Such a great card for our first one - and really great job with the copics!! You must take after your mom.

Leanne said...

AWEsome card Maddy!! Congratulations on launching the first card for the first post. Love the step-by-step tutorial and all the pictures. The end result is very cool!

Alicia said...

What a great card Maddy! Good job on your first post. :)

Whemay said...

Hi Mandy

I love your card and step by step tutorial. I am so excited to get to know the blog specially for kids.
Feel free to visit my blog and I would be happy if you can be my follower.
Hugs
Whemay(age 10)

http://www.whemaygallery.blogspot.com/

hapagirlren said...

fantastic card!!!!!! great colors :)

Rosie said...

Wowzers, this is amazing Maddy!! Your coloring is awesome and I love the idea for the buttons! You did a fantastic job and all of us grown-ups at La-La Land are so proud of you!! Hugs, Rosie (La-La Land Crafts Design Team)

Tonie said...

Great Card Maddy, your card is awesome !!!

Alanna said...

Gorgeous Maddy!! Way to go :) It looks fantastic!!

Patti J said...

What a great card, Maddy! Cards for the guys is one of the hardest for me to do, but it looks like you knocked this one outa the park! Great job!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS Mandy, I LOVE your layout!!

Kathy W. said...

Oh Maddy Maddy!! You did a SUPER job on your card. I love the idea of having a kids craft blog so you can showcase your stuff. Excellent job on the tutorial, I'm so proud of you!

Karen said...

Wow Maddy you did an awesome job with coloring on your fabulous card!!

Leona said...

Great job Maddy.

Iris said...

Amazing card! Awesome paper-piecing and patterns!! Love it!

Ursula said...

Hello! Sorry we took so long. Technology is getting the upper hand at home! Wonderful Card Maddy. Hannah likes the background paper.

xox