Welcome to the La-La Land Crafts For Kids blog!

This blog is now CLOSED!
With much sadness in our hearts we had to make a decision to CLOSE our La-La Land Crafts For Kids Blog. We would like to thank everyone who'd participated in our challenges and of course the biggest thank you goes to our Blog Hostesses! We hope that you all will continue sharing your La-La Land Crafts makes with us on our "grown-up" blog and/or on our Facebook Page and Group.
All the best from all of us at La-La Land Crafts!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Trick or treat...

Isn't this new blog great?? This is Jana, Julia's mom, and we can't wait to share with you our first ever contest - it's coming up on Monday so be sure to keep checking back!! And now to Julia's card for today:


I made this card using some fun Pink Paislee paper that Irina gave to my mom. She gave me a whole bunch of the paper from her pack! I colored Witch Marci with my colored pencils (mom won't let me use her Copic markers yet - she says maybe when I'm 12!) and then I cut her out. I stamped the sentiment from a Stampin' Up! set in the corner and decided that it didn't need any ribbon (even though mom encouraged it - she really likes ribbon.)

You can buy Witch Marci as a rubber stamp HERE and as a digi HERE.

I added some cool spider web paper to the inside so it will look better. I hope you all like it!

I'll be back on Monday with our first contest, see you then!

14 comments:

Irina Blount said...

Julia, what a GREAT Halloween Card!! I love your coloring of Marci, you did awesome coloring with pencils!! Great choice of the sentiment too, love how the swirls on it match the swirls on the paper!!

Hugs!!
:) Irina

Sharon said...

This is a GREAT card!!! You did a very nice job on the whole card (and Witch Marci is one of my favorites!) :o)

Kristine said...

Julia, WOW, what a cut Halloween card!! You did awesome girlie *Ü* I'm a ribbon addict too, but you're right, this is just perfect w/o it. The swirlies in the paper are so pretty you wouldn't want to cover those up! Great job coloring with the pencils too. My girls always used colored pencils too until just recently.

Can't wait to see what you make for the first contest!! We'll tell all our friends *Ü*

Lorie said...

That is fabulous Julia! I'm not sure where you would have put the ribbon so good for you for leaving it off! :)

Maddy said...

wow awesome card. love the halloween theme. (that marci rocks!)

Danni said...

Wowzers!! what an amazing card!! Awesome job!

Rosie said...

This Halloween card is fabulous! I love how you colored Marci and the sentiment is perfect! You did an amazing job! Hugs, Rosie

Carly said...

Hi Julia!
Really cute card:) I love the paper with the image nice pair!

xxCARLYxx

Haydee said...

Julia you are so talented just like your mom! Great Halloween card, maybe next time they'll be a black cat in it like the one I have : )

Leanne said...

Hi Julia, you are just as talented as your mama! I love ur simple design using the paper as ur accents. Marci looks fabulous colored with pencils and this layout is perfect with that SU! sentiment. Terrific job! :)

Ursula and Hannah said...

Still trying to tell everyone how great they are...

Ursula said...

Yay! it is working! Congratulations on a great card Julia.

Michelle VW said...

Love your card, Julia! You did a wonderful job on the coloring and on cutting Marci out! I look forward to seeing what you create next!!!

Susi said...

Super work (or play) my talented girl ! What a great card and I agree, it is such a nice background paper that it doesn't need anything else. Very good writing to add as an explanation as well. XO xo. Nana